Last month’s events
- Town Hall for Wyden
- 1,000 postcards sent for Mike Mullins via Sister District
- Text banking intro by Scott and Sister District, text banked for Northam in VA – if you didn’t, be ready to participate heavily in the 2018 via text banking
- Great win in the VA election and WA. Also at the Vancouver Port Authority.
- Calls re: Tax Scam
- Obamacare sign ups, please promote and share
- Ellen Rosenblum at the Wa Co Forum – will be a guest speaker at our meeting, waiting on date
- Syria signed the Paris Climate Accord, leaving the US as one holdout
- Trump is packing the courts, fight we don’t have a lot of options- why 2018 is so important
- Highland Progessives joined our ranks, thank you Highland and welcome
- Cider Festival – table thank you to Megan, Susan, Mercedes & John for staffing
- Resist Trump Tuesdays per usual – tomorrow is Merkely’s office at 11:30
- Yes on Measure 101 campaign kickoff Dec. 3rd, Sunday 12pm at AFL-CIO 3645 SE 32nd Ave
- With our focus on drilling down locally, consider joining a Washington County Coalition and Committee positions check FB or see me after the meeting for the url: https://washco.granicus.com/boards/w/b7ebe19be8d33a24
- Resistance School is tomorrow night at Market of Choice, 7pm
- Indivisible Group Leaders meeting Sunday, Nov 19th, 2pm
- What Now, Tuesday Nov. 21st 6-9pm at Revolution Hall, speakers and reps from 55 nonprofit organizations discussing opportunities for progressive change: https://impactflow.com/event/what-now-20-5283
- Indivisble is launching Indivislble435 https://indivisible435.org, this effort will bring Indivisible into electoral politics. The url above will be the home base for resources and tools that they are rolling out ahead of the 2018 elections. Indivisible National will be giving us guidance on endorsing candidates too. WE are NOT a wing of the DNC and maintain independence.
- Keep the calls going for a clean Dream Act
- Washington County Resistance monthly meeting Nov. 30th, 7pm
- We the Dreamers an art show to defend Daca at Ecotrust 7:30 pm
- Communities of Color Unite, Why Black Lives Matter, Weds Nov 15th, 7pm at the Artist Rep Theater
- Murmurings of an anniversary march on Jan. 21, 2018
Final thoughts on what you can do:
- Run for something
- Sign up for the neighborhood captain position with Dem party
- Get out the vote for Jan special election – maybe sign up for neighborhood leader program! Email Carl Fisher – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Celebrate that the in the election last week, we have a Liberian refugee who is now a mayor in Montana. And a transgender state legislator in Va, a lesbian mayor in WA!
Questions? Email email@example.com.